With the holidays upon us, cookie exchanges and a variety of parties are likely to be filling your social calendar. If you are like me, such events often have a negative impact on your tupperware collection when you find yourself not having any container to supply your lovely holiday baked treats in that you want to part with. Luckily, I have come across a quick, inexpensive and adorable solution to transport and serve mini treats in this holiday season! All you need is a piece of 12 x 12 inch scrapbook paper and some ribbon!
Visit your local craft store and stock up on a variety of paper designs, both seasonal and generic, to have on hand to create these wonderful paper treat carriers. Have fun with a variety of colors, patterns and textures topped off by even more options when you introduce ribbons!
Worried about your treats toppling over in transit? Simply wrap the container in clear or colored transparent cellophane to protect the contents while still showing the beauty and deliciousness that lies inside!
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER BASKET OUT OF A 12 X 12 PIECE OF PAPER
Grab your paper, a pencil, a ruler and some ribbon, and let's begin!
1. Begin with a 12 x 12 piece of paper and place the pattern side downwards.
2. Measure 4 inches in on each side and mark with a small pencil dot (full lines shown for demonstration only).
3. Continue marking 4 inches in on each side of the paper.
4. Fold and crease along each line.
5. The resulting grid will have 9 - 4 x 4 inch squares.
6. Create a crease in the outer corner by pinching the outer edges of the square and folding inward to create a diagonal crease.
7. Repeat on all four sides and ensure that your edges are nice and crisp.
8. Pinch the four center corners together and secure with a whole punch and ribbon or tape.
9. Fill as desired!
Inspiration from Kristen at Down Home Inspiration.